Monday, March 3, 2014

Warhammer 40k - Imperial Knights


Since Orktoberfest 2013 I've been away from the Warhammer hobby but this model has made me want to maybe buy something from Games Workshop.  Mind you it's not so I can use it in a game as many wargamers in the area have moved away from the Warhammer universe.  The model brings back so many nostalgic memories of playing Epic: Titan Legions back in the 1990s.

A friend and I had split the Titan Legions box.  He got the Orks I got the Knights and Imperator Titan.  Lots of fun moving those guys around and playing on a massive scale compared to regular 40k.  We always thought it would be cool to see those models in 40k scale but that would require a lot of work (or money if you bought the old Armorcast models) so the giant walkers were just a pipe dream.


The release of this



has brought back a lot of the feelings of what made me get into this hobby in the first place:  the cool background and imagery of humanity standing against the tide of xenos.  For a moment I forgot all the money related issues surrounding my lack of enjoyment of the hobby and remembered all the cool stuff I liked about it.

I have no idea what the rules are for this thing but from what I've read it appears to be really expensive in game (~400 points) and can be used by any Imperial army.  It also appears to be a super heavy so might require the Escalation book.  That aside the kit's value isn't that bad from a $/points perspective compared to some other kits (I'm looking at you Imperial Guardsman).

Will I go and buy this kit or not?  Probably not any time soon.  After all it is $170 CDN and I could buy a lot more stuff with that (both hobby and non-hobby related), but this is the first thing that has come out from GW since last year's Dark Angels release (I still haven't bought the new Dark Angels codex) that has me wanting to buy from them and that's quite a change considering last year I was all but ready to give up on the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment